Documents required for obtaining a Russian visa from
the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Kyrgyz Republic
1. Passport (should have at least two clear pages for visas, must be valid no less than six months after the visa expiration date) and a photocopy of the page with the passport holder’s personal information;
2. Visa application form signed by the applicant. Incomplete visa application forms will not be processed. The application must be filled in online at visa.kdmid.ru and printed out;
3. One recent photo of the applicant (3,5 x 4,5 cm). The person on the photo should not have a headdress or tinted eyeglasses;
4. Visa invitation
- Tourist visas - a ‘tourist voucher’ document, issued by a Russian tourist company authorized by the MFA of Russia, stamped and signed by authorized person (original) or a hotel reservation confirmation form, issued by a hotel authorized by the MFA of Russia (original, signed and stamped by a representative of the hotel),
- Visas for other purposes, e.g. work, business, study, religious ties etc. - invitation issued by a regional Directorate for Migration Affairs of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia on the request of inviting party (original),
- Transit through Russia - copies of the corresponding plane tickets or train tickets (from Kyrgyzstan to Russia and from Russia to the country of destination). If you’re travelling through other countries or exiting Russia to a country that requires visas, the corresponding visa is required. If you travel by car you should provide your driver’s license, the documents for the car and their copies, and a cover letter mentioning the details of the journey.
5. A photocopy of a valid Kyrgyz visa included in the applicant’s passport (should be valid for no less than 90 days);
6. Medical insurance valid on the territory of Russia for the duration of stay (required for the citizens of the EU, China, Iran and Turkey);
7. Medical HIV test certificate (for trips to Russia over 3 months long);
8. Permanent residence permit in Kyrgyzstan (only for the citizens of Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Iraq, People Republic of China, Korean Democratic People’s Republic, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Syria, Somalia, Chad, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Georgia).
The passport should not contain unsolicited markings, records, erasures and any corrections. The passport should not have any of its pages torn out or removed.